Where are all my settings stored and how do I transfer them to another computer?
In ReadyShipper X, while all your orders are stored in the cloud, your Settings are still stored locally on the computer that ReadyShipper X is installed on. If you set-up additional users in your ReadyCloud account and would like to install ReadyShipper X on additional computers, it is a fairly simple process to copy your settings over to another computer. Below you will find detailed information on where all of your ReadyShipper X settings are stored and instructions on how to copy them between computers.
The following information is stored in ReadyCloud and synced to all Team Members in your ReadyCloud Team:
- Orders synced from your stores connected to ReadyCloud
- Contacts synced from your stores connected to ReadyCloud
- Custom Packaging Types created in ReadyShipper X
- Products imported into ReadyShipper X
The following information is stored in ReadyCloud but is unique for each Team Member in your ReadyCloud Team:
- Order Views created in ReadyCloud
Since all of this information is stored in ReadyCloud it will be automatically synced into any computer you install ReadyShipper X on.
The following information is stored locally on your computer:
- All of the following ReadyShipper X settings:
- Shipper Accounts
- Ship From
- Labels & Forms
- Ship Type Converter rules and Automation rules
- Printer Settings
- Import/Export Maps
Since all of this information is stored locally on your computer, you will need to take a few additional steps to copy these settings into for ReadyShipper X on a different computer.
To copy the ReadyShipper X settings that are stored locally on your computer to another computer, you will need to:
- Shutdown ReadyShipper X on the current computer. Make sure you have already installed ReadyShipper X on the other computer.
- On the current computer you are copying the settings from, open a File Explorer and navigate to /Documents/ReadyShipper.
- Select the settings7.json file from the folder in Step 2 and email it to yourself or copy it to a USB jump drive.
- Download the settings7.json file from Step 3 to the other computer and copy it to /Documents/ReadyShipper, replacing the existing file if prompted.
- Start ReadyShipper X on the other computer and you should now see all your settings.